TERMS AND POLICIES
Please note that the charges stated on your confirmation (including 1% tourism levy) will be deducted from your major credit card provided to guarantee your reservation with the hotel.
At check-in, you must present the credit card used to make your booking/s and a valid photo ID with the same name. Failure to do so may result in the property requesting additional payment or your reservation not being honoured.
If you have submitted additional documentation for a third party booking or paid via a different payment method, please disregard the note above. This policy is for the security of our guests and to deter fraudulent card use. Should you card decline your reservation will be provisional and subject to cancellation until proof of payment has been received. Should we not receive full prepayment within 24 (twenty-four) hours, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation on notice to you.
All reservations are required to be guaranteed within 24 (twenty-four) hours of confirmation. Reservations made on the day of arrival and are not guaranteed by means of payment or credit card details will be released at 16h00.
A no-show is the non-arrival of a guest without notification in writing by fax or email to the Hotel. In the case of a no-show, the cancellations policies will take in effect and the accommodation and one percent (1%) Tourism Levy and VAT will be levied against you in relation to your guaranteed method of payment.
The below Cancellation policies will take effect unless non-refundable is stated for specials and promotions. The hotel reserves the right to ask you to settle your full stay in demanding periods, which will be advised to you.
PERIOD 1 April-30 September Should your reservation be cancelled less than 72 (seventy-two) hours before arrival, a cancellation fee 1 (one) night’s reserved accommodation plus 1% (one percent) Tourism Levy and Value Added Tax ("VAT") will be levied against you in relation to your guaranteed method of payment.
PERIOD 1 October-31 March Should your reservation be cancelled less than 7 (seven) days before arrival, a 100% (one hundred percent) cancellation fee of all reserved accommodation plus 1% (one percent) Tourism Levy and Value Added Tax ("VAT") will be levied against you in relation to your guaranteed method of payment. No refund will be given to guests departing prior to the reserved departure date, as this is considered a cancellation, which falls within the above-mentioned stipulated cancellation policy.
Other hotel terms & conditions:
Please note that a change in the length or dates of your reservation may result in a rate change. Our check-in time is from 14h00pm and our check-out time is by 11h00am unless prior arrangements have been made. Our rooms are only allocated on the day of arrival; therefore we cannot guarantee specific room numbers.
As per the amended immigration act, all guests will be required to provide proof of identification (photo identification/passport) upon check-in.
All rates: (Unless otherwise agreed contractually or in writing)
• Include 15% (fifteen percent) Value Added Tax
• Include 1% (one percent), Tourism Levy
• Are NETT and NON-Commissionable
• Are subject to change without prior notice, subject to cancellation rights
• Are at all times subject to availability and at the discretion of the hotel
• Are applicable to standard rooms only, a minimal upgrade fee is levied for other room types or if otherwise stated
• Are quoted as per person, per room unless otherwise stated
• Provisional bookings are only deemed confirmed upon receipt of the required deposit or acceptable payment form.
• Due to high demand, we can unfortunately not guarantee availability after the quotation.
• Proposed services and facilities are subject to availability in the specific price category at the time of receipt of the signed contract.
• Please note that with a quotation, no provisional booking has been made.
• Rates are valid for the period enquired about and a number of rooms quoted. Should these details change this quotation will be subject to review.
• Rates quoted as once-off for the company/establishment requesting the quote and will not be applicable or honoured to a different company/establishment.
• Orders/Travel vouchers are only accepted if the establishment has an account with the company, otherwise, prepayment will be required.
• Your establishment might be required to sign and complete a contract with terms & conditions and cancellation policies.
Special & promotional rates:
• Please always refer to the validity of specials and promotional rates.
• Are not applicable for group reservations and black-out dates may apply.
• A limited number of rooms are available for promotions and is subject to availability.
• Cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
• No cancellations or refunds are allowed on any special offer for any reason whatsoever.
• Full pre-payment is required to secure your booking.
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 24 to 48 hours and delivery confirmed by way of e-mail (E.g. reservations number/booking voucher etc).
The provision of goods and services by HOTEL VERDE (PTY) LTD is subject to availability and all terms & conditions in regards to refunds-if applicable-are communicated at the time of booking or reserving service or facility. Confirmations, contracts and terms & conditions communicate this to the public or the client.
Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express credit cards or by bank transfer into the HOTEL VERDE (PTY) LTD bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
Credit card acquiring and security
Credit card transactions will be acquired for HOTEL VERDE (PTY) LTD via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who is the approved payment gateway. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure
Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no credit card details are stored on the website.
Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by HOTEL VERDE (PTY) LTD separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
HOTEL VERDE (PTY) LTD takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and HOTEL VERDE (PTY) LTD chooses as its domicilium
citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, 15 Michigan Street, Airport Industria, Cape Town.
HOTEL VERDE (PTY) LTD may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement/policy/statement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
All contents of the HOTEL VERDE Website are Copyright © 2019 Hotel Verde and/or its suppliers.
All rights reserved.